HaliFAST Athletics Club Summer Student Job Opportunity – Summer Coach/Coordinator
HaliFAST is inviting applications for a summer job to support the activities of the club. We are seeking a mature university student or young adult who has an ability to work independently and as part of our team of coaches. He / she would report to the Club Head Coach and have regular interaction with Club Registrar. HaliFAST believes in supporting young athletes, developing leadership potential and encouraging participation in the organization of athletic clubs.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Coaching and/or supporting coaches at the Development level
· Planning and organizing club events
· Assisting with logistics, registration and attendance for club at ANS meets
· Providing administrative support to the Registrar
· Attending Board Meetings, if needed
· Preparing content for and updating Club website and social media - update the homepage, events and results section; write news items about our athletes; develop and send out a newsletter and other useful information for athletes and/or parents of athletes.
· Excellent knowledge of athletics, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Leadership skills, such as positivity, creativity, responsibility, and excellent communication
· Previous coaching experience is an asset
· Experience working with para-athletes is an asset
· A desire to work with children and adults
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including word and excel
· Access to a computer
· Must be a current student or young adult between the ages of 18 and 30.
Details and Location:
· 10 - 16 weeks, 30 hours per week, flexible hours – will definitely require evening and weekend hours.
· Athletic practice times will be at Beazley Field in Dartmouth, but outside practice times, you will be required to do work on your own to support the Club by being present at ANS sanctioned meets.
Minimum wage: $11.55/hour
Please send cover letter and resume in one document to Rich Lehman at email@example.com May 3, 2019.